This Week's Issue
Alex Robinson - Monday, February 27, 2017
Lawyers say a recent Ontario Court of Appeal decision in a legal malpractice case serves as a reminder that the duty of care lawyers owe to their clients can extend past a limited-scope retainer.
- OCA rules duty of care issue must go to trial
- Appeal in Teva cheque fraud case to be heard this week
- Former law firm partner sued for $9 million
- Focus: Use of expert witnesses under scrutiny
- Focus: Advertising and referral agreements front and centre
- Focus: SCC rulings to prompt legislative changes?